Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
When Do You Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Motorcycle accidents are devastating. Due to the nature of person versus motor vehicle incidents, motorcyclists sustain greater injuries and greater property damage, leading to higher financial stakes than other accidents.
Falcon Law Firm understands that the success of an injury claim rests on the skill and experience of your motorcycle accident lawyers. When you have been hurt in a collision due to the negligence of others, you deserve compensation.
To schedule your free consultation, click here or call (732) 660-1200. Our attorneys will make sure the value of your claim accurately reflects the extent of your injuries, the pain they cause, and how they affect your day-to-day life.
In This Article
- Can You Sue for Accidental Injury?
- When Should You Call Your Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers?
- Is It Worth Getting a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
- Who Is At Fault In Most Motorcycle Accidents?
- What Do You Do When Someone Hits Your Motorcycle?
- Why You Should Call Your Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today
- Motorcycle Accident FAQs
Can You Sue for Accidental Injury?
If you have sustained serious injuries in a motorcycle crash, it is in your best interest to file an accidental injury claim. At Falcon Law Firm, we can provide the professional legal advice you need to determine the best course of action for your individual circumstances.
While common, it is important to know every motorcycle accident is different. Speaking with experienced legal counsel can answer many questions and provide insight into the damages your case may qualify to recover.
We have helped our clients receive their full compensation, often including the following damages:
- Complete coverage of medical expenses related to the accident
- Lost wages if you cannot work
- Loss of future earnings
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Emotional distress
- Possible punitive damages in cases of gross negligence
The sooner a qualified attorney can be involved in your case, the greater the outcome.
When Should You Call Your Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers?
If you or a loved one are hurt in a motorcycle accident, you should call your experienced motorcycle accident lawyers as soon as possible. Motorcycle injury claims can be challenging. In the last reporting year:
- Accident injuries have increased by 2%
- Motorcyclist injury rate is 4 times more than a passenger car occupant
- Motorcyclist fatality rates are 6 times more than passenger car occupants
With the frequency of accidents increasing and a higher injury and fatality rate, the stakes are much more significant for motorcycle accident injury claims. Insurance companies may combat rising claim numbers by refusing to settle for a fair payout, increasing the chances of injury victims seeking compensation in court.
Involving an attorney early on will increase your odds of settling out of court. If your case must proceed to trial, an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer will provide aggressive advocacy and recover the damages you deserve by verdict.
A motorcyclist’s injury rate is 4 times higher than that of a car’s passenger, and they are 6 times more likely to suffer a fatality due to an accident.
Is It Worth Getting a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Motorcycle accident injuries are often severe and may include:
- Head injuries, like concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken, dislocated, or fractured bones
- Internal organ damage
- Road rash
- Severe burns
- Cuts and abrasions
- Loss of limb and amputation
- Severe scarring
It’s important for motorcycle riders to take their injuries as seriously as possible. Never discount pain, numbness, headaches, memory loss, or other symptoms. Only a thorough evaluation from an experienced doctor can determine the severity of your injuries.
Consult a lawyer experienced in motorcycle collisions. It is best to talk with an attorney before speaking with an insurance company. Insurance adjusters are trained negotiators whose job relies on their effectiveness to minimize settlements. In some cases, an adjuster may take advantage of the pain, worry, and confusion you may experience following your accident.
You have a legal right to counsel and deserve someone who will protect your best interests. Having the right lawyers on your side will help you recover full and fair compensation for your injuries.
Who Is At Fault In Most Motorcycle Accidents?
Negligence laws differ by state. Most states follow comparative negligence or modified comparative negligence doctrine.
Comparative negligence allows injured parties to recover damages for an accident under specific terms:
- Injury victims may recover damages even if they bear some of the responsibility
- Injury victims are only barred from recovering damages if they are primarily at-fault
Mostly at-fault refers to how responsibility is assigned in a motorcycle accident. For example, suppose a motorcyclist is going 5 miles over the speed limit when a distracted truck driver pulls out in front of the rider. Both the motorcyclist’s speed and the distracted driving of the truck driver contributed to the crash. Fault will be assigned and reflected in a percentage:
- The distracted truck driver may be assigned 90% of the fault
- The speeding motorcycle rider may be assigned 10% of the fault
Under modified comparative negligence laws, the motorcyclist can file a claim and will receive 90% of the settlement:
- Settlement – 10% of the rider’s responsibility = 90% of the settlement
In some cases, there may be more than one party responsible for a motorcycle accident. In the case above, the truck driver is responsible. However, the truck driver’s employer may also be found liable. The trucking company would be considered a third party.
Due to the complexities of negligence laws, possibilities of third-party claims, and the potential for a larger settlement for catastrophic injuries, it is critical to retain a motorcycle accident attorney.
Reach out Falcon Law Firm today by calling (732) 660-1200 to discuss what you need to move forward after your accident.
What Do You Do When Someone Hits Your Motorcycle?
When a negligent driver hits your motorcycle, the next steps you take can either support or be detrimental to your injury claim. The following are two scenarios and the immediate course of action all motorcycle accident victims should take:
- If you are too hurt to move or unconscious—
- Following a serious collision, you may be rushed to the hospital and unaware of your injuries until you regain consciousness.
- As soon as you are able, recount the events leading up to the accident and write down all the pertinent details. If you are unable to write, ask for assistance.
- If an insurance adjuster contacts you, understand that you have the right to speak to an attorney before giving any statements. It is in your best interest to exercise that right.
- Understand the extent of your injuries may not be known for days, weeks, or months. Delayed injuries are common, especially when an injury victim sustains soft tissue damage. In addition, head injuries can seem minor and become serious later.
- An experienced attorney can keep you informed of your rights and help guide your claim.
- If you are hurt but able to move and retain your cognitive abilities—
- Move off the road and away from danger and keep your protective gear on.
- Call for police and medical assistance immediately. Even if you believe you are uninjured, it is crucial to seek medical attention to prevent jeopardizing your claim later.
- Collect information from the driver and others involved in the accident.
- Gather evidence including a copy of the police report, witness information and their statements, and pictures of the scene, damage, license plate, and car of the other driver.
- Go to the hospital for medical attention.
- After a motorcycle crash, even those who believe they sustained minor cuts and bruises should receive a full check from a doctor. Delayed injuries, especially from traumatic brain injuries and internal organ damage, can become life-threatening if not treated immediately.
- If an insurance company seeks to minimize your settlement, failing to receive immediate medical care can hurt your claim.
- Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer.
Your safety is paramount. Be cautious on the roads and watch for distracted motorists. If you are in a motorcycle accident, be sure to follow the steps above and seek legal assistance as soon as possible.
Why You Should Call Your Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today
Our motorcycle accident lawyers at the Falcon Law Firm have successfully represented injury victims for nearly 30 years. We are determined to uphold and protect the rights of citizens while maximizing the compensation they deserve.
With exceptional litigation skills and powerful legal representation, our personal injury attorneys have recovered millions in settlements and verdicts for our clients. We excel in complex injury claims, tackling cases other firms turn away.
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident due to someone’s negligent act, our lawyers will fight to hold them accountable. Turn to our motorcycle accident lawyers for a free consultation to discuss the details of your collision. Please click here for our online form or call (732) 660-1200. We have extended hours and are here at your convenience, whether at our offices, the hospital, or your home.
Motorcycle Accident FAQs
Free Case Evaluation
Free Case Evaluation
CONTACT US TODAY!
The Falcon Law Firm stands up for victims of car accidents, truck accidents, and construction accidents. We are laser-focused on obtaining full compensation to pay for medical bills, lost wages, and damages from pain and suffering. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning you pay nothing unless we recover money for you.