Rear-End Accident Lawyers
Rear-end collisions are now the most common type of traffic accident in the nation. At high speeds, rear-end traffic accidents can cause devastating injuries and fatalities. While low-impact collisions are often seen as minor, they can lead to significant soft tissue damage.
At Falcon Law Firm, LLC, our rear-end accident lawyers have extensive experience helping those injured by driver negligence. If you or a loved one have suffered injuries related to a rear-end collision, our skilled attorneys will fight for the compensation you deserve. Consult with one of our rear-end car accident lawyers today by clicking here or calling 732-660-1200.
Table of Contents
- How Rear-End Car Accidents are Defined in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- What Damages are Available in a Rear-End Accident Lawsuit?
- What Are the Most Common Causes of New Jersey and Pennsylvania Rear-End Collisions?
- Can a Low-Impact Rear-End Car Accident Cause Significant Damage?
- What Are the Most Common Injuries from Rear-End Car Accidents?
- Why You Need a Rear-End Accident Attorney in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Why Choose Falcon Law Firm, LLC As Your Rear-End Collision Law Firm
- Call Falcon Law Firm, LLC Today to Hire a Rear-End Accident Attorney
- Rear-End Accident Lawyer FAQs
How Rear-End Car Accidents are Defined in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
Traffic accidents frequently occur on New Jersey and Pennsylvania roads. According to the National Safety Council Injury Facts, in the last reporting year:
- Injuries from traffic accidents totaled 4.5 million
- More than 39,000 fatalities occurred on American roads
- 29% of all automobile accidents are attributed to rear-end collisions
- 17.4% resulted in death
Is fault automatic in rear-end car accidents?
Many rear-end collisions will result in the driver that hits the lead car as at least partially negligent. Under Pennsylvania law and New Jersey law, a driver has a responsibility to maintain a safe distance from other vehicles and follow the rules of the road. When a driver must stop abruptly, the vehicle behind must maintain enough distance to stop safely, as well.
In other cases, the driver of the rear-ended vehicle may be found to be at fault. For example:
- If a driver abruptly reverses
- A motorist may stop to change a tire, failing to turn on the hazard lights
- The vehicle’s brake lights may no longer function
- A driver may suddenly stop and signal for a turn, then fail to turn
Additionally, liability can be complex in rear-end car collisions due to comparative negligence. Both Pennsylvania and New Jersey follow a comparative negligence method of distributing fault, allocating a percentage of liability. If the driver exceeds 50% responsibility of the crash, they are no longer able to recover any damages from the at-fault driver.
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries from being rear-ended, please consult with one of our exceptional personal injury lawyers to discuss the liability in your case.
What Damages are Available in a Rear-End Accident Lawsuit?
Rear-end accidents can cause severe injuries that require major medical attention. In a rear-end accident, recoverable damages may include:
- Complete coverage of your medical expenses related to the accident
- Lost wages if you are unable to work
- Loss of future income
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress damages
- Possible punitive damages for gross negligence
Calculation of damages is a complex endeavor, but an experienced injury attorney can help obtain the maximum amount of compensation under the law.
What Are the Most Common Causes of New Jersey and Pennsylvania Rear-End Collisions?
At Falcon Law Firm, LLC, our Pennsylvania and New Jersey rear-end collision lawyers have represented several claims against careless drivers. Some of the most common causes include:
- Following too closely: Driver’s have a duty to maintain a safe distance from other vehicles. The average car can weigh between 2,000 and 6,000 pounds. At speeds of 60 miles per hour, a vehicle will need at least 120 feet total to come to a complete stop.
- Losing control of the vehicle: A driver must focus on operating the car or truck in poor weather conditions or hazardous road working sites and be prepared for any unexpected dangers
- Failing to yield the right of way at intersections: Drivers may get impatient and aggressive, carelessly ignoring the rules of the road
- Distracted driving: The most common cause of back injuries from rear-end car accidents is distracted driving. When motorists eat, apply makeup, or use their phones while driving, they may not respond quickly when the car in front abruptly stops.
- Speeding: A motor vehicle needs space to come to a complete stop. If a driver is traveling too fast, they may not have enough distance to stop before colliding with the next vehicle
- Failing to use turn signals: If a vehicle does not use the proper turn signals, other drivers may find it difficult to respond to changes in speed
Can a Low-Impact Rear-End Car Accident Cause Significant Damage?
Injuries from rear-end accidents can range from minor to severe. High impact crashes often result in catastrophic bodily damage. Accident victims may suffer life-altering injuries and long-term medical conditions.
Low-impact rear-end accidents also cause severe damage. The National Library of Medicine conducted a study to prove that speed is not a major factor in rear-end collisions. The rate of change, however, will significantly affect damage to soft tissues and joints.
The study concluded that:
- Motor vehicles may not show damage from a collision until they are traveling at 8.7m
- Soft tissue damage, however, can happen at only 2.5 miles per hour
- When the occupant of a vehicle is stopped and abruptly changes speed, the rate of change can cause injuries to the joints and other soft tissue
What Are The Most Common Injuries from Rear-End Car Accidents?
At Falcon Law Firm, LLC, we believe negligent parties should be held responsible for their actions. The most common rear-end collisions we have represented include:
- Traumatic brain injuries and head trauma
- Neck and back injuries, including whiplash
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in paralysis and paraplegia
- Internal injuries, including internal bleeding
- Broken, fragmented, and dislocated bones
- Severe scarring and disfigurement
- Severe burns
- Crush injuries
- Amputations and loss of limb
Why You Need a Rear-End Accident Attorney in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
Complex factors in rear-end collisions may prevent an accident victim from recovering all the financial damages they deserve. A skilled and experienced litigator can help you avoid the pitfalls of denied and delayed claims. For instance, consider the following:
- Insurance companies typically favor the bottom line and seek to minimize any settlements despite the damage and injuries you may suffer. A knowledgeable attorney can represent your best interests and negotiate a fair settlement.
- In most cases, insurance companies prefer claimants to seek medical attention from their recommended list. However, the accuracy of a doctor who works in close correlation with the insurance company may not have your best interests in mind. By hiring representation, our rear-end collision attorneys can recommend our medical experts to ensure all your injuries are examined and diagnosed properly.
- Filing claims through an insurance company can be complicated and involve extensive paperwork, deadlines, and evidence gathering. A minor mistake may lead to your claim being denied or delayed. Our Pennsylvania and New Jersey personal injury attorneys can skillfully prepare all your documents and paperwork to give your claim the greatest possibility of acceptance.
- In the event that the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, a rear-end accident lawyer will represent you in court. At Falcon Law Firm, LLC, we have the skills and resources you need to gain the settlement or verdict you deserve.
Why Choose Falcon Law Firm, LLC As Your Rear-End Collision Law Firm
For over 20 years, Falcon Law Firm, LLC has helped injured parties in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
We are proud to:
- Have won millions in settlements and verdicts for our clients
- Provide careful, personal attention to every case
- Handle complex medical evidence in personal injury claims
At Falcon Law Firm, LLC, our rear-end accident lawyers have extensive experience helping those injured by driver negligence.
Call Falcon Law Firm, LLC Today to Hire a Rear-End Accident Attorney
When you are hurt in a negligent traffic collision, you need a New Jersey and Pennsylvania rear-end accident attorney. At Falcon Law Firm, LLC, our dedicated legal team will fight for your right to compensation.
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident due to a careless driver, schedule your free consultation today by clicking here or calling 732-660-1200. Our legal team has collectively won millions of dollars in settlements, including two jury awards for more than $1.4 million each for car accident victims.
Rear-End Accident Lawyer FAQs
At Falcon Law, we aim not only to provide real results, but also to ensure that each of our clients is treated like family. Read what our former clients are saying about our services:
My mom and I were represented by Falcon Law Firm following a motor vehicle accident for which we both required medical care. Pat and Alex advised us as we received care and negotiated on our behalf to receive a fair settlement in our case. The staff at Falcon Law Firm demonstrate professionalism and integrity in all that they do. We hope to never require legal services again, but if we do, we will not turn anywhere else. Falcon Law Firm has our highest recommendation!
– A. Gagnon
Patrick is amazing! Patrick and his whole staff have been so helpful and great. They understood my needs and worked all together to fight for me and also helped me throughout my whole recovery of my accident. I received an outstanding settlement because of their outstanding work. Thank you Patrick and thank you to everyone at the Falcon law firm!
– M. De
Pat and his staff are absolutely the best!!! They are attentive, pleasant and will have your best interests at heart every step of the way. I met Pat after being dropped by another lawyer a month before my case expired and he was able to get all of the paperwork filed and get the case moving before the statute was up. Not only did he do all that, in a matter of weeks we won our case and I got my settlement. I have since sent him countless clients and all of them have been pleased with the outcome.
– A. Valle