Monmouth County Car Accident Lawyers
Why Do You Need an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer?
A car accident can impact your life physically, emotionally, and financially for years—lean on an experienced attorney to make the process as smooth as possible.
From a minor fender bender to a serious collision, car accidents cost you money, time, and cause considerable amounts of stress. In instances of severe trauma or injury to the head, neck, or back, car accidents can be life-altering events. While you put the pieces of your personal life and health back together, a lawyer can stand up for your interests in insurance negotiations, legal actions, or at trial.
The car accident attorneys at Falcon Law Firm have a proven record of recovering just settlements and securing substantial verdicts in court. With offices in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, our efforts have helped clients receive compensation for medical bills and treatment, back pay and lost wages, as well as funds for the pain and suffering they’ve endured.
How Much Should I Settle for After a Car Accident?
Those who go into car accident negotiations without an attorney often settle for less than what they’re owed. The reason? Inexperience with what their injuries and losses are actually worth under the law. Here are the facts and stats:
- You only have only one chance to bring a claim after a car accident injury. If you do so without professional input from an attorney, and are unable to access enough to cover your expenses, there are no do-overs.
- With a lawyer, you are 91% likely to receive a settlement. Without an attorney, that number drops to a 51% chance of any payout at all (according to internal surveys by a leading legal integration site).
- For those who do receive a settlement, represented payouts are up to 300% higher than those without experienced legal representation.
People who hire a personal injury lawyer not only receive statistically better car accident settlement outcomes, they also self-report saving on stress and time. You have the right to represent yourself, but do you have the time, ability, or desire to study the law, make crucial paperwork deadlines, and appear in court when required?
The attorneys at Falcon Law believe your time is better spent healing, enjoying the companionship of your loved ones, and getting back to your life as quickly as possible. Call our offices at (732) 660-1200, and let us do the paperwork to secure the full settlement you deserve.
True or false? You would rather have lawyers handle your case for a statistically higher result, and get back to your own life as soon as possible.
What Can You Claim for a Car Accident?
What you claim after a car accident depends on what you have lost. The settlements reached by Falcon Law Firm seek to cover all that you’re owed, including:
- Medical bills and ongoing recovery costs: This includes ambulance and emergency care, related surgeries and medications, recovery equipment (like a wheelchair), and the cost of follow-up care or rehabilitation. Mental health counseling for you and your family may also fall under this category.
- Lost earnings: These could include lost wages, lost employment, lost or reduced benefits (like health insurance), and/or the loss of future earnings due to the impact of the car accident. Missed work, missed opportunities for advancement, missed contracts (for freelancers), expended sick or vacation time, unemployment, all fall in this category. Similarly, having to take lower-paying work because your injuries harmed your performance abilities may all be considered.
- Loss of quality of life: A car accident could cause symptoms of PTSD that make driving more difficult or impossible. Your injuries may mean you lose out on recreational activities that once gave you joy (sports, dance, hiking). The stress of the accident could tax your marriage or negatively impact the well-being and sense of safety felt by your children. An experienced attorney can translate the pain and suffering associated with car accidents into figures a court can recognize and reward.
- Punitive damages: Essentially “punishment” funds, these damages may be charged to a negligent party in your case (like a drunk driver), and then awarded to you on top of other forms of compensation. A judge or jury often awards these damages if there was extreme misconduct involved in the cause of the crash.
- Wrongful death: If someone dies in a car accident, the dependents of the deceased or the executor of the will may file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of the estate. A wrongful death suit ensures that the family can receive payment for medical expenses incurred before the victim died, payment for the victim’s potential earnings, and pain and suffering for the family.
Car accidents are one of the leading causes of death in the United States, right after heart disease, cancer, and (in recent years) COVID-19, according to the CDC.
Whatever your circumstances, it’s important that you don’t miss any opportunities for fair claims regarding your accident. The compensation you receive could help improve your healthcare options, and ensure the financial security of your family’s future. In addition, holding those at fault accountable for their actions or failures makes it far less likely that what happened to you will happen again to others.
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
As soon as you are stable in the hospital or arrive home after an accident, that is the moment you need an attorney at your side.
After a car accident, the immediate first steps are widely known. First you assess for physical injury, then property damage, and finally gather the information you know you’ll need for later insurance claims and possible legal action. Every crash-related task after the vehicles have been towed away can be made easier with legal help. Here’s how:
Holding all responsible parties accountable for the accident.
Responsible parties could mean pursuing a case against one negligent individual for something like distracted or drunk driving. However, municipalities may also be at-fault if they do not have proper traffic signals or signs. We also hold auto companies responsible if they have manufactured, distributed, sold, or installed defective parts that directly contributed to the accident.
In all circumstances, we fight tirelessly to recover the maximum compensation that innocent accident victims deserve for their injuries and other losses.
Working within the full scope of the law.
There are various state-level laws that dictate how accident victims recover damages. For example:
- New Jersey is a no-fault state, which means that a driver’s personal insurance policy will cover their damages and injuries, regardless of who is at fault for the accident.
- A New Jersey driver’s insurance company may be liable for certain damages and injuries when the accident is determined to be the policy holder’s fault, and the other driver does not have enough coverage to pay for their damages or injuries.
- When drivers involved in a car accident share the blame for the injuries and damages, the insurance companies or the court system will determine how much each party is responsible to pay using New Jersey’s “comparative negligence” law.
- Pennsylvania is a “choice” no-fault state with respect to car insurance.
- If an individual chooses to purchase a no-fault car insurance policy, they must typically file a claim with their insurance company according to their policy’s personal injury protection (PIP) coverage.
- The policy will provide some level of compensation for medical bills and other financial damages, regardless of who is at fault.
Bills and other financial losses may exceed these limits, especially if a victim loses their job and/or requires long-term care. In order to step out of the “no-fault” zone and file a lawsuit against the other driver, an injury claim must meet specific prerequisites.
It often takes a skilled and knowledgeable car accident lawyer to determine if a victim meets those prerequisites.
Negotiating firmly with insurance companies.
If a person is able to step out of “no-fault” and sue the other driver, compensation amounts may be reduced if they are found to be partly at fault for the accident.
In states like New Jersey and Pennsylvania, if it is not absolutely clear that one party is totally at-fault, a jury may be called upon to look at the evidence and assign a percentage of fault to each party. The damages awarded may be reduced by a percentage equal to the share of fault assigned. If an accident victim is found to be more than 50% at fault, they may not receive anything at all.
Even if a personal injury claim does not wind up in court, an insurance adjuster will typically use this kind of comparative negligence rule to reduce the amount of a victim’s compensation. This is because insurance companies are businesses with a financial duty to retain the money you’ve paid them over years of required insurance. The compensation you’re entitled to eats into what they consider their profits.
Skilled legal representation can make all the difference when obtaining compensation. The attorneys at Falcon Law Firm are prepared to take any lawsuit to court if the negotiations are not handled fairly by the other side.
Recovering damages after a car accident is not a simple request for the appropriate amount of money. It can involve multiple parties with conflicting interests, and requires documented receipts and practical knowledge of the legal system to secure.
Is It Worth Getting an Accident Lawyer?
Yes, financially and psychologically it is worth having a lawyer on your side after a car accident. Hiring an attorney means that you:
- Maximize compensation claims. Our lawyers have represented clients dealing with criminally negligent drivers (DUI cases), construction zone and defective road safety cases (missing stop signs, broken traffic lights), and commercial truck accidents (involving corporate interests). In every case, we leave no stone unturned in working to maximize your reward.
- Save time. How many of your lunch hours, nights, and weekends do you have to spend gathering paperwork, arguing with insurance representatives, and reviewing legal documents? With a lawyer, almost none. If you empower an attorney to handle your case, the majority of your time is your own again to spend it however you see fit.
- Heal in peace. Car accident injuries can include burns, lacerations, impalements, crushing/amputation injuries, broken bones, neck/back/spinal cord damage, and traumatic brain injuries. Your priority should be healing in the comforting embrace of family and friends—let us order police reports and file medical documentation on your behalf.
The reason that attorneys exist as a profession is because dealing with the intricacies of the law is a full-time job. You deserve a fair settlement or verdict after your accident, but you don’t have to do the legwork to “earn” it. You can contact Falcon Law Firm instead for experienced representation.
You deserve a fair settlement or verdict after your accident, but you don’t have to do the legwork to “earn” it—rely on an attorney instead.
Contact the Falcon Law Firm for Car Accident Representation
The compassionate car accident lawyers at the Falcon Law Firm understand all the ways a serious car accident can disrupt day-to-day activities and destroy your quality of life. We step in when clients need a calm, professional hand to help sort through the paperwork and manage communication with insurance adjusters. Most importantly, we are committed to recovering damages for survivors and their families to the fullest extent of the law.
Time is a factor due to statutes of limitations involving car accidents—if you don’t file a claim within the allowable time frame, you may lose your opportunity to seek fair compensation.
Reach out to Falcon Law Firm online or call us at (732) 660-1200 at your earliest convenience to make sure your rights don’t expire. Your consultation is free and confidential, and could be the first step towards greatly improving your life after a car accident.
Client Reviews for Falcon Law Firm
Reviews and testimonials from our former clients mean more to us than any other award or recognition. Hear from our clients directly:
My mom and I were represented by Falcon Law Firm following a motor vehicle accident for which we both required medical care. The staff at Falcon Law Firm demonstrate professionalism and integrity in all that they do. We hope to never require legal services again, but if we do, we will not turn anywhere else. Falcon Law Firm has our highest recommendation!– Amanda G.
The lawyer I worked with was Alex DeSevo. After talking to him, I knew he was the lawyer for my case and I knew he would take care of me. Alex ended up winning the case and we settled on $150,000. When I first walked in i thought we maybe would get $5,000 for car accident. Thank you to the Falcon team, because they wouldn’t be anywhere without their secretaries. Also I am so grateful I got to meet them and everybody that works there.– Joe M.
Patrick Falcon is amazing! Patrick and his whole staff have been so helpful and great. They understood my needs and worked together to fight for me, and also helped me throughout my whole recovery of my accident. I received a outstanding settlement because of their outstanding work. If you need a great lawyer who is always available for you and will give it his all to represent you, then contact the Falcon Law Firm!– Mike D.